The fibers of the connective tissue that connect muscles to bones called tendons. Inflammation or swelling of the tendon is called “tendinitis”. As the tendons of the foot, leg ligament, a tough elastic bands of tissue that connect bones to each other can get broken because of improper movement of the foot. Severe pain in the joints with swelling, redness and irritation is the primary symptom of foot Tendonitis. Leg tendons and ligaments, as well as bones and muscles, support leg, which in turn supports the entire body.
If you check the anatomy of the foot, you’ll find that the structure of the foot is very difficult. It consists of 26 bones, 33 joints and more than 100 muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Peroneal Brevis tendon inserts shown in the above image, and you can feel pain in that area, which suffers from the peroneal Tendonitis. Anterior tibial muscle tendon, tendon of the posterior tibia muscles, tendons and tendon of the peroneus Longus and flexor sgibatelâ long finger muscles are some of the leg tendons, which are prone to injury. The Achilles tendon in the ankle joint is the most thick and strong sinews in the body. It connects the heel to the muscles of the lower leg. Achilles tendon allows us to stand on toes, walk, run and jump.
Foot problems can cause pain and inflammation results in a restricted-traffic area of the foot, which leads to reduced mobility. As the legs bear the weight of your body, feet tendons are susceptible to various types of stress, standing, walking, running and jumping. You’ve never experienced pain due to ankle sprains? The severity of ankle pain or foot pain depends on how much the ligaments are stretched or torn.
Leg tendon injury: causes
* Wearing shoes that are not fitting properly or continuous use of high-heeled shoes can cause the injured tendons.
* Sudden, improper movement of legs or heavy legs tendon injuries can cause seizures.
* Leg tendon injury due to a recurring sports or other activities and injuries are quite common.
* Structural defect or damage any part of the feet, hips or back can lead to problems in the leg.
* The aging or “wear and tear” naturally leads to weak tendons and ligaments, which leads to injuries.
* Diseases and disorders such as diabetes causes peripheral neuropathy can cause injury to the tendons.
* Obesity is one of the leading causes of an injured leg tendon. Overweight creates excessive pressure on your feet, making the structure more prone to injury.
* Rheumatoid arthritis affects the joints. Seniors and elderly people suffering from arthritis, thus suffering from foot injuries tendons and ligaments pain.
* Excessive tendons makes them more prone to injuries. Leg tendonitis can be seen even in young people, in the case of repeated damage to the tendons due to excessive use.
* Weak muscles and ligaments loose can lead to leg tendinitis. Healthy food, good nutrition and regular exercise, surgical treatment of diseases and conditions necessary to avoid foot Tendonitis.
* Overloaded is prone to degenerative tendon tears, these tendons can become thin. You need to be careful during physical activity, such as running, climbing, cycling, and other sports activities.
* People with flat-footed or very high arches will most likely suffer from injuries to the tendons of the legs. Tendon of the posterior tibia helps foot arches. Tendon injury can cause swelling and pain in the leg.
* Fascia is a long ligament type structure that supports the longitudinal Arch of the foot when walking. It consists of three bands, medial, Central and sidebar. Plantar Fasciitis can lead to pain in the heel as you take the first step in the morning. The most common reason for heel pain is Plantar Fasciitis.
* Sports personalities or athletes who have sudden starts and stops, will most likely develop Achilles tendon. If a person is not adequately prepared for sporting activity, he/she may suffer from Achilles tendon. These days, the Achilles tendon is a fairly common phenomenon.
Foot tendon injury: remedies
* Complete peace of mind necessary for rapid recovery “tendons and ligaments pain.
* You should try to keep the weight off an injured foot until the inflammation goes away.
* Apply ice to the sore area four or five times a day.
* The doctor may prescribe anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen.
* You may be asked to perform some exercises to stretch the tendons. Achilles Tendonitis exercises play an important role in the rapid recovery.
* Heavy duty, corticosteroid injections may be needed to treat Tendonitis.
* Walking cast or splint at night (in a dream), may occasionally be required to cope with the situation.
* In a pinch, you must immobilize the injured brackets Achilles tendon.
* Very few cases require surgery to relieve the injured ligament or tendon.
Surgery is the last option to repair a severed tendon in his leg. After surgery, your feet can be placed on adjustable brackets.
* Massage with sesame oil, olive oil, mustard oil can help relieve foot pain and tendon can help improve movement of the foot.
* Physical therapy is also recommended for rapid improvement of foot traffic.
* Use the right shoes or sneakers (in terms of cushioning, Arch height and pronation) you can avoid damage to the tendons and ligaments pain. A bit more padding or cushioning under the heel may be useful.
In the case of a foot injury, tendon surgery helps prevent further complications. A thorough examination, MRI, x-rays, etc., will help diagnose the problem. Constant repetitive strain on the tendon should be avoided in case of injuries. Leg exercises must be performed under the guidance of a physical trainer. Warm up before exercise regular exercise help prevent tendinitis. Torn tendons can be stapled or surgically replaced. Leg tendons and ligaments, seriously wounded can lead to the total immobility. Therefore, you should exercise due care when doing strenuous exercise or during participation in programmes and sporting events.